COBB GRILL DESSERT RECIPE,
Easter Chocolate Cake
For the Cake:
11 Tbs Butter
1 Cup Sugar
3 Cups Flour
3 Tsp Baking Powder
4 Tbs Cocoa Powder
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Brewed Coffee
7 oz Dark Chocolate
For the Ganache:
1 Cup Heavy Cream
16 oz Dark or Milk Chocolate, Chopped
Mini Chocolate Eggs
- Cream the butter, coffee, and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until pale.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl before adding to the butter mixture.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it into a bowl that’s placed in a larger bowl filled with hot water. Stir until melted.
- Add the melted chocolate into the cake mixture and stir.
- Pour the cake batter into a well-greased Bread Pan.
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place the Griddle, Fenced Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let it heat up for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the Bread Pan onto the Roast Rack and and cover it with the lid to bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Once your cake is done, switch out the Roast Rack and Griddle for the Wok.
- To make the ganache, bring the heavy cream to a boil in the Wok and add your chopped chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove the cake from the Bread Pan and leave it to cool.
- Spread ganache over the top of the cooled cake and decorate with mini Easter eggs, chocolate shavings, and some sprinkles.
Feel free to decorate with other Easter candies or even fresh springtime fruit! This cake is perfect not just for Easter but can also be enjoyed throughout the year.