COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Roast Leg of Lamb
Serves 4 – 6
4 – 5 lb Leg of Lamb (In this case we used a boneless leg of lamb)
Small Bunch of Rosemary, Cut into Half Inch Pieces
4 – 5 Garlic Cloves, Finely Sliced
2 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Large Onions, Thickly Sliced
Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
- Remove all packaging from the lamb and keep a note of the weight to calculate the roasting time.
- Make incisions into the lamb using a small sharp knife, at an angle, about 2 inches into the meat. Making the holes at an angle will mean more of the meat is flavored, and the flavorings will be less tempted to be pushed out when roasting.
- Insert a short spring of rosemary and a garlic slice into each of the holes, pressing will with your fingers. Season the meat all over with salt and pepper, then rub the lamb all over with olive oil.
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid, Fenced Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Add a layer of foil to your Fenced Roast Rack and scatter your onions on top.
- Transfer your leg of lamb on top of the onions and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minute, roast for another 15 – 20 minutes per pound, depending on how pink you like your lamb.
- Once cooked, cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Cover the dough with tomatoes, top with mozzarella, blue cheese, bacon, and onions.
- Place the Frying Pan onto the heat and cover with the Dome Lids, allowing the pizza to cook for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and cooked.
Save the juices from the Fenced Roast Rack Covered in foil to use for gravy.