COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Hot Smoked Pork Chops
2 Bone-In Pork Chops
2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
Salt & Pepper Wood Chips
- To make the spice rub, combine the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and dried oregano in a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder grind them until they are coarsely ground.
- Transfer ground spices into a bowl and add salt and pepper. Whisk until all the spices are evenly distributed.
- Rub the pork chops in olive oil and generously sprinkle the spice rub all over. Cover and leave to stand as you get your COBB ready.
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Sprinkle the wood chips over the CobbleStone and then place Grill Grid, Fenced Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the pork chops on the Fenced Roast Rack and close the Dome Lid.
- Let these hot smoke for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Don’t want overdo them as they will become dry.
- Once done, remove the pork chops from the Fenced Roast Rack and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
We like to use maple or apple wood when smoking pork but get creative and try out different woods that you think will go well.