COBB GRILL LUNCH RECIPE,
Smoked Stuffed Sardines
6 Fresh Whole Sardines or Pilchards, Cleaned and Gutted (Ask Your Fishmonger)
1 Handful Soaked Wood Chips (optional)
1 Ciabatta/Baguette, Sliced
1 Cup Fresh Italian Parsley, Finely Chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh Dill, Finely Chopped
10 Capers, Finely Chopped
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
3 Tbs Olive Oil
For Salsa Vierge:
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered
1 Small Red Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Handful of Basil, Chopped
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
2 Tbs White Wine Vinegar
2-3 Small Lemons, Halved, Grilled to Serve
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place the Griddle and the Dome Cover on your Cobb Grill and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle a small handful of soaked wood chips onto the burning Cobblestone/briquettes if you want a smoky sardine.
- Brush the slices of bread with olive oil and toast each side until golden and crispy.
- Rub the slices of bread with freshly sliced garlic.
- Grill the lemon halves.
Replace the Griddle with the Grill Grid and the Fenced Roast Rack.
- Combine stuffing ingredients together in a bowl and spoon generously into the sardine cavities.
- Place stuffed fish onto the Fenced Roast Rack, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until slightly golden with tender cooked flesh.
- Mix Salsa Vierge ingredients together.
- Arrange fish onto a platter and spoon over Salsa Vierge. Serve with bruschetta and grilled lemon.