COBB GRILL LUNCH RECIPE,
Smoked Stuffed Sardines
6 Fresh Whole Sardines or Pilchards, Cleaned and Gutted (Ask Your Fishmonger)
1 Handful Soaked Wood Chips (optional)
1 Ciabatta/Baguette, Sliced
1 Cup Fresh Italian Parsley, Finely Chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh Dill, Finely Chopped
10 Capers, Finely Chopped
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
3 Tbs Olive Oil
For Salsa Vierge:
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered
1 Small Red Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Handful of Basil, Chopped
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
2 Tbs White Wine Vinegar
2-3 Small Lemons, Halved, Grilled to Serve
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place the Griddle and the Dome Cover on your Cobb Grill and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle a small handful of soaked wood chips onto the burning Cobblestone/briquettes if you want a smoky sardine.
- Brush the slices of bread with olive oil and toast each side until golden and crispy.
- Rub the slices of bread with freshly sliced garlic.
- Grill the lemon halves.
- Combine stuffing ingredients together in a bowl and spoon generously into the sardine cavities.
- Place stuffed fish onto the Fenced Roast Rack, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until slightly golden with tender cooked flesh.
- Mix Salsa Vierge ingredients together.
- Arrange fish onto a platter and spoon over Salsa Vierge. Serve with bruschetta and grilled lemon.
Bacon Blue Cheese PizzaCajun SalmonCaramelized Onion BurgersButterflied LambChili Con CarneFish CurryLemon ChickenLemon Grilled FishGoat Cheese RisottoPeppered Beef FilletPrime Rib RoastRed Wine Chicken StewRump SteakSirloin SteakSmoked Lamb ChopsSmoked SalmonSpicy Seafood PotYellowfin Tuna