COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Peppered Beef Fillet
2 lbs Beef Fillet
2 Tbsp Black Peppercorns
1 Tbsp Rosemary (chopped)
1 Tbsp Coarse Salt
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
18 oz Baby Potatoes
Sprig of Rosemary (chopped)
1 Tbsp Coarse Salt
17 oz Water
2 Tbsp Butter
10.5 oz Assorted Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Tbsp Sherry
1 Cup Fresh Cream
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
Salt and Pepper
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to Wok, cover them halfway with water and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Close the Dome Lid and let the potatoes cook until tender, it should take about 35-40 minutes.
- Drain potatoes from Wok and remove from grill.
- Place Griddle and Dome Lid on the COBB and let it heat up for 5 minutes.
- Bash the rub ingredients together with a pestle and mortar. Rub all over the beef.
- Oil and place beef fillet onto the Griddle. Sear and brown all sides of the meat, this should take approximately 10-15 minutes. Don’t turn too often.
- Mix rosemary and salt together for the potatoes and rub over them. Add an extra drizzle of olive oil into the moat and spread potatoes out evenly inside the moat.
- Replace Griddle with the Grill Grid and Roast Rack and place fillet onto it.
- Cover with Dome Lid and allow the fillet to roast for about 20-25 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove meat from the COBB and cover with foil. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Leave the potatoes covered in the moat until browned and crispy.
- Place the Wok and the Dome Lid back onto the COBB and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes while the potatoes are still in the moat (if they are not crispy yet).
- Heat the butter and sauté the mushrooms in Wok until they are softened and browned.
- Add sherry and simmer for one minute.
- Add the cream and garlic and simmer until reduced. (it will take some time, 20-30 minutes)
- Season to taste.
- Slice the rested meat and serve with the roasted potatoes and sauce.