COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Peppered Beef Fillet
2 lbs Beef Fillet
2 Tbsp Black Peppercorns
1 Tbsp Rosemary (chopped)
1 Tbsp Coarse Salt
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
18 oz Baby Potatoes
Sprig of Rosemary (chopped)
1 Tbsp Coarse Salt
17 oz Water
2 Tbsp Butter
10.5 oz Assorted Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Tbsp Sherry
1 Cup Fresh Cream
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
Salt and Pepper
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to Wok, cover them halfway with water and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Close the Dome Lid and let the potatoes cook until tender, it should take about 35-40 minutes.
- Drain potatoes from Wok and remove from grill.
- Place Griddle and Dome Lid on the COBB and let it heat up for 5 minutes.
- Bash the rub ingredients together with a pestle and mortar. Rub all over the beef.
- Oil and place beef fillet onto the Griddle. Sear and brown all sides of the meat, this should take approximately 10-15 minutes. Don’t turn too often.
- Mix rosemary and salt together for the potatoes and rub over them. Add an extra drizzle of olive oil into the moat and spread potatoes out evenly inside the moat.
- Replace Griddle with the Grill Grid and Roast Rack and place fillet onto it.
- Cover with Dome Lid and allow the fillet to roast for about 20-25 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove meat from the COBB and cover with foil. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Leave the potatoes covered in the moat until browned and crispy.
- Place the Wok and the Dome Lid back onto the COBB and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes while the potatoes are still in the moat (if they are not crispy yet).
- Heat the butter and sauté the mushrooms in Wok until they are softened and browned.
- Add sherry and simmer for one minute.
- Add the cream and garlic and simmer until reduced. (it will take some time, 20-30 minutes)
- Season to taste.
- Slice the rested meat and serve with the roasted potatoes and sauce.
Bacon Blue Cheese PizzaCajun SalmonCaramelized Onion BurgersButterflied LambChili Con CarneFish CurryLemon ChickenLemon Grilled FishGoat Cheese RisottoPeppered Beef FilletPrime Rib RoastRed Wine Chicken StewRump SteakSirloin SteakSmoked Lamb ChopsSmoked SalmonSpicy Seafood PotYellowfin Tuna