COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Lemon Roasted Chicken
1 Medium Chicken (3-4 lbs)
1 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Salt Flakes
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon (save the skins)
10.5 oz Brussels Sprouts
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Pack Bacon
1 Can of Beer
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid, Roasting Stand, Dome Extension, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes. If you do not have a Roasting Stand and Dome Extension, use Roast Rack.
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, 3 Tbsp olive oil, and lemon zest in small bowl. Mix well. Rub this mixture all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Add the can of beer and lemon juice to a jug and set aside as your “cooking liquid.”
- Add approximately 1 cup of the cooking liquid into the moat of the Cobb Grill.
- Put the chicken onto the Chicken Roasting Stand in a “seated” position and close the Dome Lid.
- The chicken should cook for about 90 minutes in total.
- Cut the hard stems off the bottom of the Brussels sprouts, cut them in half, place in a mixing bowl and discard any dried out leaves.
- Drizzle Brussels sprouts with olive oil, season with a generous pinch of salt and mix well.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove it and cover with foil to rest.
- Remove Dome Extension and Grill Grid replacing it with the Frying Pan. Close the Dome Lid and let the pan heat up for 5 minutes.
- Fry the bacon with the Dome Lid on for 10 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and garlic and cook for 10 minutes with the Dome Lid on.
- Remove the Dome Lid and deglaze the pan with a big splash of “cooking liquid.” Cook for a further 10 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are done.
- Carve up the chicken, grab some bacon-laced veggies and dig in!
Bacon Blue Cheese PizzaButterflied LambCajun SalmonCaramelized Onion BurgersChili Con CarneCreamy MusselsFish CurryGoat Cheese RisottoLemon ChickenLemon Garlic ChickenLemon Grilled FishMeaty PizzaPeppered Beef FilletPrime Rib RoastRed Chicken CurryRed Wine Chicken StewRump SteakSirloin SteakSmoked Lamb ChopsSmoked SalmonSpicy Seafood PotYellowfin Tuna
SNACKS & SIDES
Baba GanoushBaked CamembertBBQ Bacon SticksChili PoppersCornbreadDax's Spice MixGarlic SpinachGrilled CornHoney Cinnamon CornbreadMushrooms with BaconPeri-Peri ChickenPrawn SkewersRoasted EggplantStuffed Mushrooms