COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Lemon Roasted Chicken
1 Medium Chicken (3-4 lbs)
1 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Salt Flakes
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon (save the skins)
10.5 oz Brussels Sprouts
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Pack Bacon
1 Can of Beer
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid, Roasting Stand, Dome Extension, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes. If you do not have a Roasting Stand and Dome Extension, use Roast Rack.
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, 3 Tbsp olive oil, and lemon zest in small bowl. Mix well. Rub this mixture all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Add the can of beer and lemon juice to a jug and set aside as your “cooking liquid.”
- Add approximately 1 cup of the cooking liquid into the moat of the Cobb Grill.
- Put the chicken onto the Chicken Roasting Stand in a “seated” position and close the Dome Lid.
- The chicken should cook for about 90 minutes in total.
- Cut the hard stems off the bottom of the Brussels sprouts, cut them in half, place in a mixing bowl and discard any dried out leaves.
- Drizzle Brussels sprouts with olive oil, season with a generous pinch of salt and mix well.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove it and cover with foil to rest.
- Remove Dome Extension and Grill Grid replacing it with the Frying Pan. Close the Dome Lid and let the pan heat up for 5 minutes.
- Fry the bacon with the Dome Lid on for 10 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and garlic and cook for 10 minutes with the Dome Lid on.
- Remove the Dome Lid and deglaze the pan with a big splash of “cooking liquid.” Cook for a further 10 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are done.
- Carve up the chicken, grab some bacon-laced veggies and dig in!