COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Prime Rib Roast with Anchovy Butter
1 Prime Rib Roast (6-8 lbs)
For Anchovy Butter:
4.5 oz Salted Butter
1/2 oz Flat Leaf Parsley
Zest of 1 Lemon
For Spice Rub:
2 Tbsp Coarse Salt
2 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
2 Tsp Ground Coriander
2 Tsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Instant Coffee
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Chop up the anchovies and parsley. Mix with the butter at room temperature.
- Add the lemon zest and mix through.
- Lay out some plastic wrap and scoop the butter onto it in the shape of a log.
- Roll up the ‘log’ and tear off the extra plastic wrap. Holding both ends tightly, roll the ‘log’ forward on the work surface until it tightens up and rounds off nicely.
- Keep rolling until you have a nice shape, then tie off the ends and place it in the fridge to set.
- Rub the entire roast with olive oil and then the spice rub, making sure you get it in all the nooks and crannies.
- OPTIONAL: Add a little water to the COBB moat to keep things extra humid in the beginning.
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid, Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- A 8 lbs roast should take approximately 3-4 hours to cook. Prepare ahead of time with a second CobbleStone or additional fuel, don’t wait until the two hour mark to start preparing your coals. Place the prime rib on the Roast Rack, bone side down and cover with the Dome Lid.
- When switching fuel sources, remove the Dome Lid. Lift the roast, Roast Rack and Grill Grid in one motion using the Lifting Tool. Place the Dome Lid over the roast to keep it warm while you switch the CobbleStone or add more prepped coals. Don’t forget to let the CobbleStone turn grey before you return the roast and cook for another 2+ hours.
- When done, let meat rest. Wrap loosely in some tin foil for at least half an hour.
- To serve, remove the anchovy butter from the plastic wrap and cut into slices. Carve the prime rib roast and enjoy!
Bacon Blue Cheese PizzaButterflied LambCajun SalmonCaramelized Onion BurgersChili Con CarneCreamy MusselsFish CurryGoat Cheese RisottoLemon ChickenLemon Grilled FishMeaty PizzaPeppered Beef FilletPrime Rib RoastRed Wine Chicken StewRump SteakSirloin SteakSmoked Lamb ChopsSmoked SalmonSpicy Seafood PotYellowfin Tuna