COBB GRILL DESSERT RECIPE,
Spicy Baked Apples with Rum Raisins
4 Pink Lady Apples
Handful of Raisins
1/2 Cup Rum
5.5 oz Salted Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
For Crème Anglaise:
1 Cup Fresh Cream
1 Vanilla Pod (cut lengthwise)
4 Egg Yolks
3 oz Sugar
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Soak raisins in the rum.
- Cut apples in half and remove the cores.
- Combine the butter with sugar and cinnamon and coat the halved apples with it.
- Add the rum soaked raisins into the center of the apples and wrap them in tin foil. Place apples into the COBB moat.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until a skewer slides through the apples easily. You can do this while making the Crème Anglaise.
- In the Wok, heat the cream and while stirring with a spoon, add the vanilla pod.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks with the white sugar until smooth.
- When the cream starts to form bubbles around the edges (close to boiling), slowly pour it into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to avoid scrambled egg lumps.
- Pour the mixture back into the Wok and continue to cook, whisking often, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Enjoy poured over the warm apples.
Bacon Blue Cheese PizzaButterflied LambCajun SalmonCaramelized Onion BurgersChili Con CarneCreamy MusselsFish CurryGoat Cheese RisottoLemon ChickenLemon Garlic ChickenLemon Grilled FishMeaty PizzaPeppered Beef FilletPrime Rib RoastRed Chicken CurryRed Wine Chicken StewRump SteakSirloin SteakSmoked Lamb ChopsSmoked SalmonSpicy Seafood PotYellowfin Tuna
SNACKS & SIDES
Baba GanoushBaked CamembertBBQ Bacon SticksChili PoppersCornbreadDax's Spice MixGarlic SpinachGrilled CornHoney Cinnamon CornbreadMushrooms with BaconPeri-Peri ChickenPrawn SkewersRoasted EggplantStuffed Mushrooms