COBB GRILL DESSERT RECIPE,
Spicy Baked Apples with Rum Raisins
4 Pink Lady Apples
Handful of Raisins
1/2 Cup Rum
5.5 oz Salted Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
For Crème Anglaise:
1 Cup Fresh Cream
1 Vanilla Pod (cut lengthwise)
4 Egg Yolks
3 oz Sugar
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Soak raisins in the rum.
- Cut apples in half and remove the cores.
- Combine the butter with sugar and cinnamon and coat the halved apples with it.
- Add the rum soaked raisins into the center of the apples and wrap them in tin foil. Place apples into the COBB moat.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until a skewer slides through the apples easily. You can do this while making the Crème Anglaise.
- In the Wok, heat the cream and while stirring with a spoon, add the vanilla pod.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks with the white sugar until smooth.
- When the cream starts to form bubbles around the edges (close to boiling), slowly pour it into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to avoid scrambled egg lumps.
- Pour the mixture back into the Wok and continue to cook, whisking often, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Enjoy poured over the warm apples.