COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Red Wine Chicken Stew
8 Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks
Dax’s Special Spice Mix
2 Onions (sliced)
2 Sticks Celery (sliced)
3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
2 Red Chilies (sliced)
1 Cup Black Olives (pips removed)
2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes
7 oz Red Wine
3 Sprigs of Rosemary
9 oz Baby Potatoes (quartered)
Salt and Pepper
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Rub the chicken skin with Dax’s Special Spice Mix.
- Fry the chicken in Wok, skin side down to brown, and set aside.
- Sauté the onions, celery, garlic, and chili in the Wok with the Dome Lid closed for about 10 minutes.
- Add the potato quarters with the olives (tear them in half), then add the wine and the tomatoes. Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the Wok and throw in the rosemary and a good grind of black pepper and a pinch of salt, stirring well.
- Close the Dome Lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Then take off the Dome Lid and let it continue to simmer for another 15-20 minutes.