2 Tbs Unsalted Butter
4 Cups Diced Peeled Tart Apples
2 Tbs Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
4 Large Eggs, Beaten
1/2 Lemon, Juiced
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk (Use Whole Milk For Best Results)
1 Cup Cake Flour
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
Powdered Sugar, For Serving
Whipped Cream, For Serving
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, and salt until just blended and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the Wok and add the apples and sauté. turning when required until tender.
- Once the apples are cooked sprinkle them with the brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Stir to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Remove the Wok from the heat and drain half the liquid from the apples.
- Distribute the apples evenly across the bottom of the Wok.
- Place Wok back over the heat and pour the prepared batter over the warm apples.
- Put the Dome Lid over the Wok and bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 – 25 minutes.
Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.