3 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Oil Packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Freshly Ground Pepper
1 Sprig of Thyme
1 Package Frozen Puff Pastry, Thawed
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid, Fenced Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Grate the cheese and drain and chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a bowl, add the cheese, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and thyme leaves and mix to combine.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 8 in. x 4 in. rectangles.
- Place a scoop of the cheese mixture on half of the rectangles, leaving a small border on the edges.
- Beat the egg and brush it the edges of the pie.
- Drape the other halves of the pastry rectangles over the cheese mixture and line up the edges with the bottom pastries.
- Crimp the edges with a fork to seal the pies shut.
- Brush the tops of the pies with some more egg wash.
- Place some foil on the Roast Rack and the pies on top of the foil.
- Close the Dome Lid and allow pies to cook for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the underside is cooked.
For a different variation, change up the cheeses like adding mozzarella and parmesan instead for a more Italian flair.