2 Extra-large eggs
2 Cups (500ml) milk
2 Tablespoons (30ml) melted butter, plus extra for frying
2 Cups (500ml) flour
2 Teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
Large pinch of salt
2 Corn cobs, kernels sliced off (or ¾ can sweetcorn)
3 Spring onions, finely sliced
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
Smoked salmon ribbons
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Frying Pan and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and melted butter together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix briefly to form a smooth batter.
- Stir through the corn kernels, spring onion and coriander.
- Add a pat of butter to the Frying Pan and spread it around. Drop dollops of batter into the pan and flatten slightly.
- Cook pancakes until golden, flipping and frying until cooked through.
- Serve topped with egg and salmon.
For a sweet alternative for tea time, mix the first five ingredients with ¼ cup caster sugar (and leave out the rest).