2 lbs Fresh White Fish (diced)
1 Can Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Onion (sliced into rings)
5 Tbsp Coconut Milk
4-6 Rotis (flatbread)
For Marinade :
2.5 oz Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsp Garlic and Ginger Paste
1 Green Chili (chopped)
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Turmeric
2 Tbsp Chili Powder (or 1 Tbsp for a milder curry)
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Fennel Powder
1 Cup Fresh Coriander (chopped)
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
10 Curry Leaves
1/2 Tsp Tamarind Paste
- Combine all the ingredients, except the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, and onion, in a side dish. Cover and allow to marinate for at least an hour.
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Dip your onion rings into the marinade and then place in the Wok. Cover and allow the onions to cook for 10 minutes, giving it a stir halfway through.
- Add fish pieces and marinade, followed by chopped tomatoes. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked through, add coconut milk and remove Wok from the COBB Grill. Cover and set aside.
- Place the Frying Pan onto the COBB Grill and warm up all the rotis with the Dome Lid on for about 5-10 minutes. Eat the curry straight from the Wok using the roti as a spoon.
This is a fun meal you can eat with your hands! A flexible dish, season to your desired preference.