1 Packet of Baby Spinach or Fresh Spinach with Veins Removed
2 Garlic Cloves
Olive Oil and Butter
Salt and Pepper
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Frying Pan and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Chop the onion finely and crush the garlic.
- Add a good glug of oil and about a tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Once butter has melted, add the chopped onion.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and sauté the onions until they start to soften.
- Add garlic, stir and let the mixture caramelize—about 20 minutes.
- When onions are ready, add the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on for 2 minutes—the spinach will have wilted almost completely.
- Stir it all together for a minute or two, and it’s ready!
Serve immediately as a side dish. And for an extra bit of richness, add another knob of butter at the end of the cooking process.