1/3 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Tbs Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Butter (1 1/2 Sticks), Melted
1/2 Cup Honey
3 Cups Buttermilk
2 Cups Cornmeal
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Cup Corn Kernels
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place the Grill Grid, Fenced Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let it heat up for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon n a small bowl and set it aside for later.
- In a large bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, honey, eggs, and buttermilk together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until there are no more dry spots.
- Add in the corn kernels and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased Bread Pan.
- Liberally sprinkle the cinnamon sugar made earlier over the top of the batter.
- Place the Bread Pan onto the Roast Rack and cover with the Dome Lid to bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the Bread Pan from the grill and allow to cool before serving.
This cornbread makes a great side to your favorite stews and chilis, but the sugary crust on top also makes it a wonderful sweet snack or even a tasty dessert served warm with vanilla ice cream.