COBB GRILL LUNCH RECIPE,
Grilled Caesar Salad
For the Dressing:
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbs White Wine Vinegar
3 Anchovy Fillets, Finely Chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt & Pepper
For the Salad:
1 Loaf of Crusty Bread, Cut into 1/2 Inch Cubes
2 Tbs Olive Oil, Plus More for Grilling
2 Romaine Lettuce Hearts, Cut in Half Lengthwise
Salt & Pepper
Parmesan Cheese, Shaved
- For the dressing, combine the sour cream, white wine vinegar, anchovy fillets, garlic, and dijon mustard in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk the olive oil into the mixture.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Griddle and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Toss the bread in the olive oil.
- Grill the bread for 5 – 10 minutes, tossing every few minutes to cook on all sides.
- Drizzle the romaine hearts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the romaine hearts cut-side down on the Griddle and grill for 2 – 3 minutes, or until nicely marked.
- Transfer the romaine hearts onto a plate. Drizzle the dressing over it and top with the griddled bread and shavings of parmesan before serving.
To really upgrade your salad or to make it into a really filling dinner, use your COBB to grill up some chicken to transform this into a chicken Caesar salad.