COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Smoked Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto
6-8 Thick Lamb Chops
Smoking Chips (soaked in water)
1 Small Bunch of Mint
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1.5 oz Flaked Almonds
1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
Salt and Black Pepper
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Griddle and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Make the pesto by chopping the mint, garlic, and the almonds together. Squeeze in the lemon, a small pinch of salt and enough pepper.
- Remove the Dome Lid and Griddle and place the smoking chips onto the CobbleStone or briquettes.
- Place the Griddle back on and throw on the lamb chops, fat side down. Close the Dome Lid.
- TIP: Use a kebab stick to skewer all the chops together so they don’t fall over when crisping up the fat.
- Let lamb chops smoke like this for 15 minutes. Then remove the Dome Lid and the skewer (if you’ve done this) and place lamb chops onto the Griddle slightly spaced apart.
- With the Dome Lid off, grill lamb chops on each side for 2 minutes each for medium rare. Serve with the minty pesto.