For Pizza Dough :
8 oz Spanish Chorizo, Finely Chopped
6 oz Linguine
Salt & Pepper
2 Eggs, Beaten
1 Sprig of Rosemary, Leaves Picked
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan, Plus Extra For Serving
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Fry chorizo until crisp, then remove the sausage and its oil and set aside.
- Wipe the Wok clean with a paper towel and fill it two-thirds with water, add plenty of salt and bring to a boil. Cook the linguine until al dente, then drain (reserving a little cooking water in a cup).
- Whisk the egg, rosemary, and cheese together until well combined.
- Return the cooked pasta to the Wok, off the heat. Tip in the egg-cheese mixture and the crispy chorizo and oil.
- Stir and toss the pasta and the sauce with the sauce until the mixture begins to thicken (add a little of the reserved cooking water if it looks dry).
- Season well and serve with extra parmesan.
To make the classic version, just replace the chorizo with bacon or pancetta.
This recipe comes from our recipe book Anywhere BUT the Kitchen, where you can find other great recipes just like this one.