1 lb Beef (minced)
2 Cans of Kidney Beans (drained)
2 Cans of Chopped Tomatoes
1.5 oz Tomato Paste
Olive Oil (for frying)
2 Onions (finely chopped)
4 Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
2 Red Peppers (remove seed and stalks, diced)
1 Carrot (grated)
Pinch of Paprika
Pinch of Ground Cumin
Pinch of Chili Powder
Pinch of Ground Coriander
1 oz Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Wok and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in Wok accessory.
- Add onions and garlic and fry for about 10 minutes with dome lid on until onions are soft and translucent.
- Mix cumin, coriander, paprika, and chili powder into beef. Add to Wok accessory with onions and garlic.
- Fry for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep dome lid on when not stirring.
- Add carrot and red pepper to Wok accessory with other ingredients and continue to cook for another 5 minutes with dome cover off.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, vinegar, lemon, salt, and pepper. Add any more desired seasoning to your taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cook for 20-30 minutes with dome cover off. Stir every now and then to avoid burning.
- Once done, serve straight from pan (into bowls) with sour cream and corn chips.