1-2 lbs Rump Steak
2 Cloves Fresh Garlic (crushed)
2 oz Salted Butter
Hot English Mustard
Fresh Loaf Sourdough
Salt and Pepper
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Griddle and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- If you have a generous piece of fat on the steak, place fat side down on Griddle first for 5 minutes to brown.
- Grill the steak for approximately 7-10 minutes a side, turning once, until medium rare. Cooking time will vary according to thickness.
- Add salt and pepper to the steak only after the first turn.
- Allow the steak to rest for at least 5 minutes once cooked.
- Slice the steak into 1/2 inch slices using a sharp knife.
- Place sliced steak onto serving platter, cover with garlic butter, a little more salt and pepper and a dollop of hot English mustard on the side.
- Tear the sourdough bread and enjoy!