6 Chicken Breasts
1 Jar of Harissa Paste
Salt & Pepper
2 Loaves of French Bread
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
Freshly Chopped Chili Pepperss (Optional)
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Frying Pan and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken in half lengthwise and place them into a large bowl.
- Add the whole jar of harissa and salt and pepper to the bowl and massage the paste into the chicken until well coated.
- Cut the loaves into 6 even pieces and split them horizontally. Butter each piece.
- Heat the olive oil on the Frying Pan and then adding the chicken to cook for about 8 – 10 minutes a side, turning once. Cook in 2 batches to not overcrowd the pan and to make 6 subs.
- After the first flip, add the tomatoes to cook alongside the chicken. If you would like some extra heat, add the chili peppers in here as well.
- Line the loaves with the lettuce and when the chicken is done, add the chicken, tomatoes, and chili peppers, if using. Each sub should get 2 pieces of chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for something more mild? Try a different coating for your chicken like BBQ Sauce or pesto for an Italian flair.