1 Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cut Into Chunks
2 Small Onions, Cut Into Wedges
1/2 Cup Turkish Apricots
Handful of Fresh Bay Leaves
Handful of Fresh Cilantro, For Serving
8 Wooden Kebab Sticks, Soaked In Water For 15 Minutes
1 Tsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp Mild Curry Powder
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
1 Inch Piece Of Ginger, Grated
1/4 Cup Apricot Jam
1/4 Cup Warm Water
2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
- Thread the chicken, onion, apricots, and bay leaves onto the kebab sticks and place into a shallow dish.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the kebabs. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place BBQ Kit and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Shake the excess marinade off the kebabs, arrange on the BBQ Grid, and grill.
- Turn the kebabs every 5 minutes and baste with leftover marinade until they are golden, sticky, and cooked through. This will take about 25 minutes.
- Rest kebabs for about 10 minutes before serving, garnish with cilantro.
Instead of the dry spices in the marinade, you can use a tablespoon or two of your favorite Asian curry paste. If you don’t have the BBQ Kit, first sear the meat on all sides on the Grill Grid, then continue to cook on the Roast Rack.