COBB GRILL BREAKFAST RECIPE,
Baby Pot Bread
Makes 10 baby pots or 1 large loaf
3 Cups Flour
1 Tbsp Salt
2.3 oz Olive Oil
2.4 Tsp Instant yeast
.17 oz Sugar OR .33 oz Honey
17 oz Water (lukewarm)
1 Packet Sun-Dried Tomatoes
3.5 oz Pecorino Cheese (grated, any other strong cheese is fine too)
- To make the bread dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the olive oil.
- Mix the yeast into the flour and make a well in the center. Add the sugar and enough water to make a sticky dough.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes until smooth and no longer sticky. Place in a greased bowl cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in bulk, (about 1 hour).
- Knock back the dough and knead again briefly to make sure all the air has been knocked out.
- Shape the dough into flat circles about the size of your palm, and fill with sun-dried tomatoes, a generous sprinkling of Pecorino and a few sprigs of chopped rosemary leaves. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring all the sides together and make a sealed ball so that the filling doesn’t ooze out while the bread cooks.
- Place the stuffed ‘bread rolls’ into greased pots (grease with a little butter on all sides and the base) or individual tins and cover with a damp cloth. Making sure the pots are not more than about half to three-quarters full with dough or they will be too big. Cover and allow to prove for a second time for 20 minutes. Brush the tops with egg wash. Egg wash is just 1 egg whisked well.
While the bread is proving for the second time, prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid, Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Arrange the baby pots on the Roast Rack and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. You can also make 1 large loaf in the COBB Bread Tin and that will cook for about an hour.
Serve this cheesy pull-apart bread as a decadent side to any dish on your BBQ.