COBB GRILL BREAKFAST RECIPE,
Baby Pot Bread
Makes 10 baby pots or 1 large loaf
3 Cups Flour
1 Tbsp Salt
2.3 oz Olive Oil
2.4 Tsp Instant yeast
.17 oz Sugar OR .33 oz Honey
17 oz Water (lukewarm)
1 Packet Sun-Dried Tomatoes
3.5 oz Pecorino Cheese (grated, any other strong cheese is fine too)
- To make the bread dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the olive oil.
- Mix the yeast into the flour and make a well in the center. Add the sugar and enough water to make a sticky dough.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes until smooth and no longer sticky. Place in a greased bowl cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in bulk, (about 1 hour).
- Knock back the dough and knead again briefly to make sure all the air has been knocked out.
- Shape the dough into flat circles about the size of your palm, and fill with sun-dried tomatoes, a generous sprinkling of Pecorino and a few sprigs of chopped rosemary leaves. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring all the sides together and make a sealed ball so that the filling doesn’t ooze out while the bread cooks.
- Place the stuffed ‘bread rolls’ into greased pots (grease with a little butter on all sides and the base) or individual tins and cover with a damp cloth. Making sure the pots are not more than about half to three-quarters full with dough or they will be too big. Cover and allow to prove for a second time for 20 minutes. Brush the tops with egg wash. Egg wash is just 1 egg whisked well.
While the bread is proving for the second time, prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid, Roast Rack, and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Arrange the baby pots on the Roast Rack and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. You can also make 1 large loaf in the COBB Bread Tin and that will cook for about an hour.
Serve this cheesy pull-apart bread as a decadent side to any dish on your BBQ.
Bacon Blue Cheese PizzaCajun SalmonCaramelized Onion BurgersButterflied LambChili Con CarneLemon ChickenLemon Grilled FishGoat Cheese RisottoPeppered Beef FilletPrime Rib RoastRed Wine Chicken StewRump SteakSirloin SteakSmoked Lamb ChopsSmoked SalmonSpicy Seafood PotYellowfin Tuna