Makes 1 Round Loaf
2 Tablespoons (30ml) sugar
1 Small can (200g) cream-style sweetcorn
1 Bottle/carton (500ml) buttermilk
2 Extra-large eggs, beaten
⅓ Cup (80g) butter, melted
2 Cups (300g) bread or cake flour
½ Cup (120g) cornmeal (maizemeal porridge)
2 Teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
1 Teaspoon (5ml) salt
2 Corn cobs, kernels sliced off (1–1½ cups)
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a 1/2 CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Grill Grid and Roast Rack on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 20 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, sweetcorn, buttermilk, eggs, and butter together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients and stir in the corn kernels.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased COBB Bread Pan or 25cm cake pan.
- Place pan on roast rack, cover with dome lid and bake for 35–45 minutes. Test internal temperature with a skewer, it should come out clean when inserted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly before unmolding.