COBB GRILL DINNER RECIPE,
Bacon, Caramelized Onions, & Blue Cheese Pizza
For Pizza Dough:
1 Cup Flour
1 Pinch Salt
1 Tsp Instant Yeast
3 Tbs Oil
1/3 Cup Water (lukewarm)
1 Pack of Bacon
1 Thinly Sliced Onion
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
3.5 oz Blue Cheese
3.5 oz Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Dissolve the yeast in water and add oil. Pour the wet mixture onto dry ingredients and mix until a dough begins to form.
- Once formed, transfer dough onto a clean surface and start kneading for roughly 10 minutes. It might seem sticky at first but keep kneading until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Set dough aside in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a wet cloth and set aside in a warm place for about 30 minutes (or until risen).
Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Frying Pan and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Fry the bacon in the COBB Frying Pan until crispy or to your liking and set aside.
- Sauté onions and add brown sugar, fry until cooked and caramelized (should take roughly 10 minutes), and set aside.
- Punch down the dough again by giving it another quick knead.
- Roll it out to fit inside the COBB Frying Pan.
- Cover the dough with tomatoes, top with mozzarella, blue cheese, bacon, and onions.
- Place the Frying Pan onto the heat and cover with the Dome Lids, allowing the pizza to cook for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and cooked.
Serve right away while the pizza is still nice and warm! Feel free to add new ingredients, pizza is a truly versatile dish when it comes to flavor and texture.